March 26, 2011

really, i love my life

that being said...
HOLY COW my life has been busy lately.

Tori is turning 6 months already this week!  Where did that time go???  She is about ready to crawl, and I swear she said MAMA today.  I know it is just the sounds she was making, but I got all excited.  God bless my husband for just sitting back with a smile on his face.

Speaking of the Daddy, we are both dieting.  Rather, he is dieting and I am making a "life-style change."  It sure feels like a diet though.  I am a yo-yo "life-style changer" but this time, I am feeling good about it.  I have two precious daughters that need a mama that is healthy and full of energy.  I am having a hard time balancing the amount of calories I need to continue making sufficient milk for my nursing baby and still losing weight, but I am getting there. (It helps that she is only half nursing now, as she also tucks away 3 jars of babyfood a day now!)  But I noticed a new pattern to my grocery shopping.  I have not hit those middle-packaged-food aisles in a month, and I am down 10 pounds.  (He is down almost 25.  He is such a...a.... MAN! grrrr).  We have started taking advantage of BountifulBaskets.org and my fridge has never been so green.  And since I have it, I can't let it go to waste!  I also have learned that mangos and asparagus are delicious.  Who knew??? (HAHA that is the title!).  If there is a Bountiful Baskets site near you, you should give this a try!   I have so much produce that I have started making my own babyfood.  Yeah, I am turning into that mom.  (Not).

The big girl is "Student of the Month," so nominated by her gifted class teacher for her generosity of spirit and kindness.  Yeah, this mama may just burst with pride.  She doesn't know it yet.

She wrote a letter to her grandpa tonight that looks like a 10 year old wrote it.  I honestly thought she had a paper written by someone else that she was pretending was her own until I looked closely.  Yeah, there is that pride thing again.

I have a heart full tonight and I almost burst with the love for my family. There are times I am so full of them that I feel I may burst into tears.  I don't know if other wives worry if they are good enough for their husbands, if they show them enough love, but I do.  Or if other mothers wonder if the love they shower on thier children is enough to see those children through the hard times, or if their hearts break just a little as their children grow - that burst of pride coincides relatively often with a little break in my heart... but I do worry and wonder.  I am so full.  My life is so rich. 

I am so blessed.  I hope you feel blessed tonight too.
With love and gratitude
CC

1 comment:

  1. Chris, No, you are not the only wife and mom out there wondering if you are doing it right, where is the time going, am I treasuring the moments enough?? It happens to all of us!!! I think it's when we STOP wondering those things, that we should be concerned. It shows we care and want to do the best for our families. Take each day as the gift it is, hon. =)
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete