April 26, 2011

i would post some pictures

but I am really kind of a tease....  j/k.  Actually I am on Andy's laptop since my computer is making me CRAZY.  I may be getting a laptop for a belated bday/mothers day gift.  If I hinted well enough.  We shall see.  

Life has been insane, but in review:
Alex's 7th birthday was a hoot.  She is so proud to be 7!  We had a family party at her favorite restuarant, a tradition since 2006...  we also planned a birthday party at the drive-in only to be rained out!  Unbelievable!  So we rescheduled and had a grand old time the following weekend, minus a few friends who could not make the change work.  However, we went out on the original party date for my birthday instead, and let Alex choose a friend to come as a consolation.  We went to a teppanyaki place and it was wonderful!  When I get back on the other computer, I will add some pictures. 

Yep, I turned another year older myself.  Funny, everytime someone asked me last year how old I was, I mistakenly told them 37.  I was lying.  Not on purpose, mind you.  But now I really am, so it was like not even getting older at all!

I finished a major project at work and will get paid less next year to do more work as a result! Go teaching in this crazy day and age!   However, there are only 18 day s of school left, so that is pretty much awesome.

Planning some trips - one home to see my nephew who, is like - 5.  And graduating from high school.  How can it be?  and maybe to see some family up north if schedules work out.  Who wants some houseguests?  and then Andy is off for a month of classes out of state.  We may go too, for at least part.  It is only money, right?  Then my dad and stepmother are coming to town and taking us to see the giant sequoia trees, which I thought was the redforest forest but apparently I should stop teaching science.  at least the trees part.    :)  And then school starts up again.  Sigh.

And I am not pregnant.  Whatever.  HAHA.  That made you blink twice.  But it would be ok if I was... We have been having all these conversations lately about names and bunkbeds... and I almost bought 4 coordinating easter baskets just so I would have them.  But I resisted the temptation.  aren't you proud?

we emptied out S's storage unit and that was the last chore to be done.  But now my living room is wall to wall furniture - a buffet that he had his aquariums on, 2 dressers, one made by Andy's grandfather, and well, you know that red lazyboy has not made it to the goodwill store yet.  My husband, the saver.  Oh well, eventually I will have a useable space... but not today.

we both went on a diet.  Any has lost all but 5 pounds of his goal in 2 months.  I have lost 10 and gained 3 back.  seriously.  grrrrrrrrrrrr.  I may get the surgery at some point, but it scares me to do before I am done having babies.  And as previously mentioned, I am not done.  And then my excuse will be that I will have no elective surgerys until my children are grown... then I will ahve grandchildren.  SWEET!  the excuses are all lined up.  Back to counting points!

No comments:

Post a Comment