I read with amazement my sisters blog, Who Knew. Such a talented writer, with some of her prose calling a need in me to find my way across the miles to see her soon. I should. You find out late in life that those most valuable to you are those whom you too often leave on the edges of your life.
I read quite a bit of her notes, and got lost in her “things to be thankful for” posts. It is a tender person who can look at everyday moments and put them into the soul’s hope chest. I wonder if she knows how rich her life is, how grateful her older brother is of the man she placed her aspirations, the beauty her family sees in the colorful tales of her children, and joy of three daughters (one is on her way in the next day!). I wonder if she knows I will forever be jealous of her. She is the creator of three angelic girls and I, of three boys.
When I read these words my brother wrote about me, tears poured down my cheeks. I had no idea he felt that way, nor that he was willing verbalize those feelings so eloquently. I hope he doesn't mind I posted them here, where I have some say in saving them and holding them close to my heart.
What a beautiful letter. One to cherish forever.
ReplyDelete