I introduced my husband to Craig's List after we sat in Babies-R-Us and he decided he could not survive this baby without a gliding chair. They are NOT cheap! So, we looked on Craig's list, although he was a bit hinky about it -- and not only did he find one he loves, he found it after he bought one he liked. This is my husband... So now, I have to convince him to re-post the first one and sell it in order to bring the second one home... I did convince him to get rid of the red lazy-boy in exchange. FINALLY. The chair that is broken and uncomfortable, but is his oldest possession.. He agreed to donate it!
We are finally in a stage that we can begin buying furniture that fits our home, since we own instead of rent... and it has been a long process to convince my husband that regardless of how much we have enjoyed a possession in the past, if it does not fit our home, it is time to pass it on to someone who can use and enjoy it. This is a big step, for him to agree to get rid of the chair. I deliberately turn on Hoarders to show him what our home will become if he is not willing to cycle old things out as new things come in... I have emotional attachments to some things as well, but walking around things to just have them is not my dream and we simply do not have the storage space to just keep things forever.
On the other hand, the people who were selling the glider he bought last night were seriously downsizing, and they currently have our dream home, complete with dream decor... so we also acquired a bedroom set, a curio cabinet and the biggest TV you ever saw. No, seriously. THE BIGGEST. Forget going to the movies, I will give you a great rate to sit in my living room - popcorn is on the house.
***
Went through boxes of baby clothes yesterday. Don't you just love the tiny little tshirts and onsies? We oooh's and awww'd over the precious items and told the Girl stories of her baby-hood. I broke out the Dreft and washed the tiniest little dresses and pantlets, socks so small they make your heart ache, beanies and caps to keep a new little head warm...
Soon, soon... Mama is ready, sweet girl. See you soon.
Yay.
ReplyDeleteLove the teeny tiny.
What would we do without Crag's list? It's so nice to find such great deals! I'm excited for you and your new little one. Can't wait to see pics. SOON!
ReplyDelete