February 4, 2011

too long

It has been a while since I posted and to be honest, I am crazy busy and not much funny or exciting or even particularly interesting has happened to me.  Not real sure why I am posting.  Nor why you are reading, but then again, I am glad you are.

To get you up to speed...
We drove our babies, ages 6 and 3 months to Colorado.  18 hours there, 22 back.  Don't ask why if snow makes you anxious.  No problems, either way, and amazing kids tolerating that drive.  Amazing husband drove all but 2 hours of the total round trip.  I was sick all the way home.  Not that he would have let me drive in the snow anyway.  Even though I grew up driving in the snow.  It is a control thing, and it is OK with me.

Back to work full time.  Miss my baby.  But the sitter ROCKS.  She brings her to me to be fed during my break, and again after school if I need to stay late.  The baby fix helps the mama through the day.

Speaking of work, my boss and I had a chat today and she told me she wished all her teachers were like me.  That was nice to hear!!

My husband is a full-time student again, and I am so glad for him.  About time Uncle Sam coughed up the GI benefits we've been trying to get for almost 2 years now. 

Speaking of school, I am also a student again, taking 2 courses and generally going insane.   But it is not as bad as I thought it would be and at the and of week 3, think 13 more is going to be ok.

The big girl is awesome.  She is reading chapter books, after some struggles learning to read.  She has always done things in her own sweet time, with no way to force that time to come sooner...and this is no exception. 

The baby is also amazing.  Starting to eat baby food.  She rarely cries and almost never fusses.  She is full of smiles and giggles.  So we knew, last week, something was WRONG when she kept waking up crying.  Took her to the doctor and was diagnosed with a yeast infection (not on her bottom - although she used the same diapers as our niece - and also had the rash, but she grew out of the Swaddlers so fast, we switched brands at the same time, and it went away... hmmmm)  but rather on her neck.  A few days later is was even worse and it turns out she had a strep bacterial infection under her neck! The two together (strep and yeast) is so rare, doc had several others come in to look at it.  But, a few days later, and some good antibiotic creams, and she is much better!

So, work, good.  Kids, good.  Husband, good.  School, good.  Life is GOOD.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear life is just good and treating you well. You sound so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,
    So glad that things are going well!! =) What a blessing to have a babysitter like that who will bring Tori to you!! I still think you are absolutely CRAZY to do school, work, and new baby!! I can't imagine.....
    Thinking of you guys a lot, and missing you!
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete