It is not intentional, but I have not had anything compelling to day lately. Not that that ever stopped me before...
So here is a down-and-dirty update:
Our trip to CO was great. We even survived the snowy ride home. Both kids did great in the car. And the Daddy was amazing patient and tolerant. We loved seeing our family and really felt like we got some quality time in with as many people as possible.
I am back to work; the baby still won't eat for anyone but me, so the babysitter brings her to me twice a day to eat. Now that is a GOOD babysitter. We are starting some baby food to see if she will eat it and if she will eat it for the sitter so she does not starve (or at least think she is starving) if I am not available to feed her.
Christmas in general was amazing. Packaged for my kids continue to arrive every few days, and the generosity of our family and friends is overwhelming!
We are trying to savor every minute of our experiences this year, knowing that next year at this time we will be firmly into a deployment life-style.
We are looking forward to a brief visit from my aunt in about a month, and the Daddy has a week-long camping-trip planned with some of his friends next month... Ew, February. I am happy to opt out, maybe just day-tripping to see him one day. After all that, it will be time to start thinking of Easter and Seven-year old birthdays and 37-year old birthdays...and time to start planning summer trips, maybe a 2-stop to the east coast and one up north again...
I start classes next week - the next 2 of the seven I need to finish my MaEd. Oddly not excited. I have always liked school, but am more than a little in overwhelm mode right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment