June 27, 2011

the small things

  • the quick grin on the baby's face when I come to pick her up when she awakens
  • the way she stops crying when I call, "I hear you, here I come!"
  • when my husband gets a gentle grin and says, "You are the best kisser!"
  • the way the big girl wants so much to be older:  "Mom, do I look like a teenager?" (Heaven help me!)
  • daddy-daughter days-out
  • midnight walks (in the back yard)
  • friends that have stood the test of time and distance
  • the sound of laughter as my daughter plays with cousins she barely knows - but they are instant "BFFs" anyway
  • the confidence of my little superstar as she asks, "Can I be the radio tonight?"
It is the small things that make my life worth living. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love that Alex asks if she looks like a teenager. Reminds me of someone else I once knew =)
    Great post auntie

    ReplyDelete