It makes me smile to see others post about being in a slump when it comes to the blog. I relate! It is amazing how many times I sit down to write, but can't think of anything witty or clever to say. And then I remember I am not here to entertain, but to have some record of who I am. I want to be able to look back at the record of my life and loves, and there are melancholy days that I sit with tears running down my face as I alternately laugh and cry at what I read about me.
I am in process of... what? I am not sure today, but I am definitely in process. I am working on me and there are moments of petty that I am not proud of, so that is my current work. How do I adjust so that not only does the petty not erupt out of my mouth, but also so that the petty stays out of my head? There are people and situations that just make me want to send a snide text or email ot wall post in response to anything they put out there. It is awful and it is shameful. So, that is my shameful little secret for today, and I hope you are all shocked that it could be true, but it is. I can be extremely petty. There you have it.
****
While I am on the subject, I ought to spill my other secrets:
1. I pour out the left over coffee and then pretend ignorance. He likes to brew a full pot and if he does not drink it all today, will reheat it tomorrow. Gross. I dump it more often than I admit.
2. I let my child watch way too much TV
3. I resent having to pay the bills, but do not trust him to do it right. (That is, my way).
4. I signed up for mommy-and-me swim lessons because it was too hot on the side of the pool for Tori. But also for me. At least 50% for me.
5. I blame my husband for the untidiness of the house. But as I look around, a lot of the stacks are mine.
6. I don't like anyone to touch me when it is above 100 degrees. Seriously. Anyone. I suck it up and try not to let them know, but this Arizona mama and wife is sometimes gritting her teeth. Seriously, it is 115 degress outside and you want to sit RIGHT NEXT TO ME??? There is a chair over there, you know... I changed that. It originally said 90. Ok, I am lying. It said 80. But 100 sounds nicer, or at least less mean, right?
7. But my deepest darkest secret (that I am willing to divulge right now): Sometimes I sneak out at night for ice cream. In fact, I think I might in just a few minutes.
Shhh. Don't tell.
love
me
I loved this post auntie. And I'm with you on the blogging thing right now. I just haven't been in the mood lately. And I hate when people touch when it's hot outside, just leave me alone!
ReplyDelete