December 19, 2011

All my bags are packed, I am leaving (tomorrow)

Vacation, vacation vacation.  Road trip, road trip, road trip.  And my name is nowhere on the rental agreement, so not only to I not have to drive, I am not allowed to drive!!  And granny-driver, aka, my hubs, is also not allowed!  HAHA.

We are headed to the Giant Sequoias in California.  Which is not the same as the Giant Redwoods - although they are redwoods...???  Whatever, on is in Northern Cali, the one we are headed for is in central eastern Cali and has the biggest tree in the world.  Which is older than Jesus.  Literally.  Lil A's mouth dropped when she figured that out!! My dad and stepmother are here and rented the biggest Suv I have ever seen and we are off in the morning!  Today has been a fury of errands and packing, but for the first, and perhaps only, time ever, the Daddy was ready well before the deadline.  Go Grandpa!  The pressure is subtle, but there.  (He is also who got Andy to the Chruch on time, but that is another story).

It is only a 9 hr drive, but with the (almost!) 10 month old, we are wary of the trip, so we are planning on 2 days of driving each way, with a fun, relaxing hotel-pool adventure each evening... So I was tasked with figuring out a fun place to stop on the way home, and as I looked at a map, noticed our route takes us right past Anaheim.... so... made a few phone calls, and YES!  we are surprising the littles with a trip to Disney!  Well, Alex anyway, since Tori won't actually care! We got SMOKING prices on a 3 day park-hopper pass at the base -- Disney is very military friendly - so yay!  A fun nature trip, right up the Daddy's alley, and a fun Disney trip for the kids - and my dad is here.  I am one happy girl!

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me?!?! Disneyland at Christmas?! Can I come with you guys? =)

    ReplyDelete