Well, we have spent a ridiculous amount trying to look better and lose weight, only to put it right back on.
So this time I am working on life changes for all of us. I no longer cook with leftovers planned - I cook only what we each actually eat. If someone is unusually hungry, they get an extra portion of fruit of veggies. All snacks ant treats are carefully planned with nutrition as a primary consideration. We still have pretzels and goldfish, but not Cheetos. We have peanut butter cookies (homemade and low sugar). We have no soda. We drink lots of milk and water. Each of the children gets one serving of juice a day. Period.
I have been limiting cereal, instead making healthy grab and go oatmeal muffins of health nut breakfast cookies - or peanut butter on wheat toast. We are wild that way some mornings...
Everything has been done with an eye to healthy portions and single servings as we retrain our eyes to what a healthy portion actually is.
On occasion, I will make a double batch of dinner - but in two separate dishes, with the extra one put away before dinner even starts.
We are trying. We are doing better. Wish us luck!!!
Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! It is SO hard to eat healthy in today's world. Most convenient foods are not healthy foods. I applaud you for your efforts, and they do make a difference whether or not you can see it. Eating healthy is a constant battle for us too and I don't think I'll ever master it.
ReplyDelete