December 15, 2009

I love her anyway.


Super Grouch (aka the Girl) is a slow starter most mornings, and today was no exception. So as I scolded her to get moving...
"Mommy, God tells all the babies who their mommy and daddy will be before they are born."
"Really, did God tell you your mom would be a super grouch?" I tease her.
"No, He told me my mommy would be the prettiest and the nicest."
Awwwwww. Now I feel bad about the grouch comment. But just for a second.
She continues, "...I think I was supposed to go to the Katie Poolers (note: friends of ours that we've been spending quite a bit of time with). I think God made a mistake."
OUCH. Get in the car kid. Mom was not amused. Now, a few hours later, it is more funny.

1 comment:

  1. Don't take it personally. It is in no way an actual reflection of your mothering.

    This had me cracking up.

    ReplyDelete