December 5, 2009

The Tree

I love decorating for the holidays. I love digging out the boxes and oohing and aahing over the ornaments, carefully picking out where to place each decoration, basking in the memories and amusing myself and hopefully my family by remembering from whom each one came, and when in our lives. Most of the ornaments belong to me; I don't think one is the Daddy's, other than ones I bought for him, but I have lots from my single years... and, of course, we have acquired a few together in the last 8 years.

But that is not the tree on my mind right now, other than needing to go through the Christmas boxes for this one. This is the tree I am turning my child into for a school production. Awesome. Some green fabric I found in a box, a hoop from my skirt that I wear under my Elizabethan costumes to make it tree-shaped, some plastic ornaments and garland, some ribbon left from my wedding... and a little patience and ingenuity... and I sincerely hope she does not look ridiculous. She is already bored with trying it on as I go.

Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment