July 19, 2010

mommy guilt

I am reminded that I had an assignment this month in my book study group = to make a list of things I may have once felt guilty aobut, or things you may think I should feel guilty about, but are actually things I will not and do not feel guilty about:

1.  That I had to be reminded to make the list.
2.  That I let my child stay up late so that she will sleep in so that I can sleep in, during summer vaca.
3.  That I hate to clean
4.  That I tell my child no.  A lot.  even if she cries and tells me she hates me.
5.  That I put my husband at the center.
6.  That I have, on more than one occasion, placed myself on the other side of a locked door until my temper cooled.
7.  That I have apologized to my 6-year old.
8.  That I tell her the truth, as soon as she is old enough to ask the question.
9.  That I allow her to watch TV while I nap

No comments:

Post a Comment