July 18, 2010

The cat is away

Dropped Daddy at the airport at 6 AM.  We were rushed, and therefore so was the goodbye.  He'll be gone for 3 weeks.  Sigh.

I came home and pulled the covers over my head for a few more hours, but since the girl did not, I was awakened during every commercial for an update on the action of whatever show happened to be on.

Once I was up, the requests for pizza began, as they do every time the Daddy is away - he is NOT a fan of pizza, so we get it once a month or so.  I am envisioning lots of pizza over the next few weeks.  Haha

***
Ok, so about the blame game.  Truly hate it.  I got blamed for something I'm 100% sure I did not do, but in order to keep the peace, simply apologized for "if it was my fault" and set about helping to fix the problem.  No real issue there.  But when the blame did not stop and started getting ugly, I chose to stand up for myself.  Note to self:  not worth it.  But as the trivial incident erupted into ridiculous, I reflected on the finger pointing we all are prone to.  And so often, we don't know a thing about what we are really talking about.  There are two sides in any disagreement and if you do not open your heart to see that, then at least refrain from sharing your one-sided judgements with me. 

And the day I can actually say that out loud instead of simply walking away will either be my finest hour or my Waterloo.

***
For the third or fourth year in a row, suicides among and homocides of veteran soldiers is at a record high.  Just recently, we lost two more men my husband knew, one well, one an acquaintance.  It makes me sick, sad, fearful.  I know my husband is in as good a place emotionally as he can be right now, but there have been times of anxiety and depression.  As we gear up for a new deployment, please keep these men and women in your prayers for their safe service, and safe, happy return to home.

Doesn't help that the sand around his last base was determined to contain toxic levels of several compounds that the native residents have developed tolerances to, but to which America soldiers are highly suseptible.  *Surprise*  And what is being done to treat these soldiers?????  Yeah, that is what I thought.

***
Pizza is here.
Priorities. :)
Love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment