We are prepping for a week in the mountains. I know this is a trip we need to take, Daddy really wants to. But it has been a hard weekend as the Twin is in the forefront of his mind. His head dropped against me, his forehead on mine, his cheek to my shoulder, or his chin to my hair, with a sigh "I miss Scott," more often than I could count this last few days. He twitches in his sleep, which means he is having a bad dream, and as I gently wake him up, he whispers "Thank you" each time. I am not sure how he is going to do this weekend, and honestly, I am anxious. I wish he did not want to stay so long, frankly.
***
The Girl is going through a ridiculously sassy stage. If I have heard "I hate you," "You are the worst mommy ever," "I wish I was in a different family," once, I have heard it a thousand times lately. I am OVER it. I am SO ready to bust out the bar of soap. I would so appreciate a night off, but here is the reality: Moms rarely get those. I shudder to envision age 13 when age 6 looks like this. If you are reading, be aware you may get a call that she is on her way, with a FULL suitcase, at any moment, whether you are in Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, or Turkey. (Either that, or I am!!) :)
Be forewarned.
***
Went to the Dr yesterday. Alone, not good, because this time was a bit anxiety-provoking. Started out ok - I only gained one pound (which is a total gain of only 2 pounds since my first pregnancy visit!), my belly has grown 4 cm, my BP is great. However, the fetal heartrate was at 177. That is 27 bpm more than usual. If it peaks high like that, then drops to normal, that is good. But at the 3 minute mark, both the PA and I were starting to get anxious. "What did you eat?" "Have you had caffiene today?" and so on. Finally she says, lets get some more water in you, maybe you are just dehydrated. Did I mention I was not in the least bit thirsty??? But 4 glasses of water and 30 minutes later, I was scared when I suddenly broke out in a sweat. Head to toe, no glistening perspiration here, but full body soaked in a matter of seconds - in spite of air conditioning, water, deodorant - I had sweat dripping from every pore of my body - running down my stomach, my back, my legs - even my hair suddenly was soaked; it was awful. And frightening. I quickly told the nurse and they got me back into a room, and took my vitals. Turns out, two minutes later I was absolutely chilled to the bone.
However, my fetal signs all were back to normal. She was kicking normally as well. Doc hands me an apple juice and forbids me to leave just yet.
Turns out I was dehydrated, and did not even realize it. Then she determined my blood sugar was too low, causing the sweats and chills. (No one has ever told me I do not eat enough. Ever.) Another 20 minutes and we were both back to normal, and I was sent on my way with orders to take it easy the rest of the day and call if the sweats came back. Nice.
Fortunately, we both seem to be OK today - I feel good.
No comments:
Post a Comment