Nuh uh. Really? REALLY? REALLY? REALLY? PUKE! Ok, now that I got that off my chest... moving on.
Had fun yesterday helping a friend pick colors and a pattern for a new kids-room paint job. Couldn't stay for the painting, due to the fumes, but can't wait to see the finished project.
Will be helping the Girl fix up her doll-house that was made by my husband's grandfather for his mother when she was a girl. It was a belated birthday gift, and has spent some time in the heat in her shed, so it needs some TLC -- splintered wood, peedling paint. But what a keepsake. My dollhouse was thrown away -- without my permission -- after I moved into my first apartment. But what fond memories I have of working with my parents to make it just how I wanted it - complete with curtains, carpet and the works - and then hours playing with it.
Finally heard from my hubs after several days of no contact - I hate that! - of course I was sound asleep when he finally texted for the first time this week, but he told me when to be on stand-by for a phone call. It is like when he deployed and would email me what time he would be able to call... Gee, such memories. And foreshadowing of the good times to come. (Read lots of sacrasm into that tone!)
Gearing up for a conference out to town - complete with a nanny in tow, since Daddy can't come - at a posh resort. Looking forward to it. Attending with my boss, so that should be interesting!
Got invited to a "passion party" tonight; no sitter yet so not sure if I am going, but those things are hysterical. I hosted one when Daddy's unit was returning home, for the wives club. I also hosted a Pampered Chef party once. They sell way more at passion parties, FYI, for I saw the final sales figures for both events. Just an observation.
Lots to do today, so I am off-
Love, me
Aww, every girl needs a doll house.
ReplyDelete