He has been gone 8 hours and I am lonely already. Silly, I know, because if it were a normal week, he'd be at work anyway. There is something about knowing he will be gone most of the summer that makes this first day so lonely. And NO ONE is answering their phone GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
I know he is feeling it too, since he asked if I minded if he spend the gas money to come home a couple of times - even if just to sleep. Please do! And once the FARP is set up and they get a routine going, would we come down and stay at a nearby hotel for a few days so we can catch a few hours together. Yes please!
I look around and there are signs of his disorganized, hasty exit at 3:30 this morning. I remember him waking me up to say goodbye, and asking me some questions - I remember neither the questions nor the answers, so I am not sure how reliable those answers might have been... My couch is covered with discarded ACU's, apparently neither needed nor wanted this time... the loveseat strewn with extra laundry he washed but did not take... My phone blips with text messages, and I jump to see if one is from him.
I remember teasing a friend when she complained she missed her husband so much that she was a bit depressed when he had been gone a week, and I swore in my independance that would never be me. HA.
UPDATE: He called as I posted this and asked me to come down for the night. No sitters available, so the girl goes too, begging to be left behind! Too last minute to make it work for an overnight for her, but next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment