June 18, 2010

Hotel living

I think we have spent more time living in hotels than at home the last few weeks, and I know it is true for the Daddy.  There is something exciting about leaving home with your suitcase to try something new for a few days. 

There is something even better about coming home and sleeping in your own bed. 

We have run the gamit of hotels lately - from the surprisingly nice Motel 6 at Disneyland to the bare-bones, no frills base hotel, to the dirty dive the troops were moved to, to the posh resort the Girl and I were treated during my work conference. 

One thing that remains the same however, is if there is a pool, mija is happy.  Especially if she has some friends to swim with.  She can make a friend anywhere - in that way only young children can. 

It makes me think of my childhood penpal - whom I met at a pool in North Carolina where we were both on vacation with our families, and both about 10 years old.  We have recently connected on Facebook - and it was so bizzarre!  We don't know who we know in common, and I did not have her email, but one day she mysteriously popped up on my "You may know..." list. It has been fun to reconnect.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. Staying in hotels is nice, but then you realize that nothing feels as good as your own bed.

    ReplyDelete