Yesterday, we spent quite some time on the phone, discussing things that are important in our marriage. It is interesting to me that these conversations usually happen over the phone when he is gone on business. Whether it is the missing each other, or the distractions that happen at home, I am not sure why it works out that these conversations are usually over the phone, but it is a joy to spend some time learning even more about each other, even after 8 years. I revel in some of the things I am told during these conversations, and am humbled by the amount of trust and open-ness, which he confesses he never envisioned having with anyone. I know I can share my inner-most soul, my deepest, darkest secrets, my every need with this man - and that there is no judgement, just understanding and compassion and love.
It is also lovely that, after almost a decade of knowing each other, there are still things to learn and appreciate about one another.
***
The Girl wrote "I love my Dad" for me on my pregnant belly to text to him, then decided she needed to get in on the action and drew all - and I mean ALL - over herself to text as well. He was laughing so hard when he called that I could barely understand him. It was priceless.
***
As we enter my 8th month of pregnancy, we are amazed at how fast my belly is popping out. I am working on rearranging rooms so that our girls (!!!) will share a room. Not an easy task when I am not to put more than 30 pounds of pressure on my abs. The friends who have offered to help have yet to arrive, and I am impatient a week later. I am so excited to have everything ready in case the Baby comes sooner than expected. And I cannot wait until Daddy gets home to go through the baby clothes and accessories, and the memories, as we pull out the things we saved 6 years ago. I want it perfect when he gets home (minus the painting parts, which will just have to wait).
No comments:
Post a Comment