Well, I am back to work teaching, the Girl is in first grade (!!!) and loving it, the Daddy is back from several LOOOONNNNGGG weeks out-of-town. Life is (almost) back to normal again.
My belly is E-normous. He says he does not remember me getting this round last time, and Little One is definitely an acrobat. My favorite thing this week was when The Daddy and I were cuddling in bed and he suddenly jumped and exclaimed over the fact that he could feel her move through my stomach and his own. I have few clothes that fit, and fewer that are suitable in this weather, but I found a few things in the back of my closet, and bought just 3 dresses and one blouse to see me through the next 5 weeks. FIVE WEEKS! I go for my 35 week check up this week, and we will start sonograms to check the baby's position. I look at what is still to be done at home and at work to prepare, and am a little overwhelmed. Add to that, the Girl was 2 weeks early AND I was not tracking my periods, so am not positive when I got pregnant... So, really... anytime in the next few weeks could be it!... YIKES!
The girl is having dental work done and Daddy has called dibs on being the parent to go in the room with her. I am struggling to let go, and struggling to be ok with letting him be in control, and with the fact that since I can do NOTHING but sit and wait, we decided I should go to work that day and take the next day off to stay home with her. Really, the closer it gets, the less likely I think it will be that I will be ok not being there. I know it is not about me, and I trust that since this is the 3rd time she has been under general anesthesia, AND that it was me there the last two times, that she will be OK without me. The one thing I love most about the Daddy is that he is an amazing, attentive, sensitive father and I know he will do as well as I would meeting her needs that morning. But still, what if my baby asks for Mommy and I am not there???
35 weeks?!? I can't wait to meet that little gal!
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel your pain on letting others do for the kiddos. It is the right decision. They will have a great day. But, such a hard one for a mama to make! Proud of you.