April 8, 2011

My baby

 No, not this one.  She is pretty new still.  We are still getting to know this one.
 I am talking about this one.
 The one who made us parents.
 Tee hee hee. 
Dearest A,
My love
My sensitive
brilliant
talented
confident
show-woman.
My singer
dancer
actor.
My helper
My cuddler
My animal lover
My nature girl
My passionate
compassionate
darling
daughter.
You are 7.
Where did the years go?
You are so big.
So bold.
Already bursting to grow up.
But still needing a bandaid
on every bruise and bump.
You are independent.
And still need me.
You still want your friends to see you
hug me.
It won't last.
So I drink in the moments.
I savor your kisses,
your tantrums
your apologies
your raised eyebrows.
Your jokes.
Your notes.
Your stories.
Your love.
Your childhood.

I was blessed the day I found out you existed, and I have been more blessed every day since. 
My daughter, I love you more than life.
I love
You.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post.
    Happy birthday, big girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Christina. Truly....
    What a blessing she is.
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete