I have been with my husband for the better part of 8 years now. We have a 5 year old daughter, and an almost one year old marriage. (I know, but we have a no-judgement rule around here).
I have really and truly fallen in love with him in a way I did not know existed in the last few months. Something in him changed as we said our vows. (Don't hold out hope ladies, I don't think that actually happens all that often). I was not sure until I walked into the church. I was not sure all through the process of planning. I was not sure as we fought over who would be in the wedding (not at all still aggravated over the ex-girlfriend-who-had-to-be-a-groomsman at all. Instead of asking her to stand with the girls so my brothers could be in the wedding). I still wasn't sure that very morning. But then, the photographer had Andy come down the hall and had me step out so he could photograph the first time we saw each other that morning (as if the the 5:30 AM haircut I gave him that morning did not count -haha - ok, it didn't).
Then I was sure.
As we laugh over my not-so-subtle hints about a baby, and he makes not-so-subtle hints about a dog instead, I fall in love with my husband a little more. As he opens up aspects of his life that were once area "I intruded in" willingly and lovingly, I fall in love a little more. As I grow in my realization that no marriage is perfect, but mine is pretty damn close, I fall in love a little bit more.
I am so sure in a way I never was before.
I love my husband.
what a beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for all the ways I have seen your relationship blossom this year.