We spent the weekend at the on-post hotel where the Daddy works the occasional weekend, since we had a military Family Day to attend on Sunday. I particularly wanted to attend the morning meeting with his CO, since spouses were particularly requested to attend.
And at which we got the official (current - it will probably change) timeline for the Daddy's next deployment.
A year and a half.
From now.
He will be leaving for Iraq.
He is excited.
That is hard to hear, but makes me so proud at the same time.
I am not so excited. But I will not share that with him. Since I am sure he already knows.
Last time, he was gone a year and a half.
This time is supposed to be shorter - closer to 12 when it is all said and done.
That is still a LOOOOONNNG time.
A long scary time. I am already having bad dreams.
But it is a part of who he is. He has a need to serve in that way. I married him knowing we would likely have this to look forward to.
We have been through this before and I know we can do it again.
Wow! I'm constantly amazed by women married to military men. I know it's not easy. You are much stronger than I am, I don't think I could do it. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you during this time.
ReplyDelete