May 26, 2010

Vacation!

Well, vacation is here!  We leave tonight.  Unless we can sneak a weekend away, this will be our only vacation this summer - not counting the family trip to scatter Twin's ashes in the mountains (I am just not sure that is goign to feel like vacation at all).  We are surprising the Girl with a trip to DisneyLand tomorrow!  She knows we are goin g camping with our friends this weekend, but Daddy was able to get an extra day added to his Memorial Day long-weekend, so we leave tonight when he gets home from work and tomorrow morning, we are dragging her to The Happiest Place!

This is a hard secret to keep.  She can spell, so that does not help when trying to talk to other adults to make plans.  I have had to lock her out of the bathroom so I could make my calls, get on-line when she is not paying attention, etc.  Daddy ALMOST blew it last night, but she was so wound up she did not hear him say the D world.  I even passed a note explaining exactly what I wanted to purchase to the teller at the MWR where I bought the tickets, with a smile on my face and "Please help me keep our secret," so she wouldn't think I was trying to rob her!  The Girl was dancing around saying, "Give me a hint, give me hint,"  as the teller and I burst out laughing -- the entire office was decorated with Mickey Mouse paraphenalia!  "No hints, sissy!"  I replied.

Yesterday and today are errand and packing days - tires to rotate and oil to change, fill the gas tank and vacuum out the car, packing for the 2 distinct halves of our trip, a cooler to buy, and if time gets short and I still can't find the missing camp crate - a tarp, an air pump, a flashlight, stakes... The camping part is one of our historical recration events, so in addition to all the traditional camping gear, I also need to finish packing for all three of us and altering (letting out hems!) the Girl's costumes, pack both day (warm weather) and night (cool weather) costumes and real clothes...

I better go get started!!!

2 comments:

  1. You guys win for awesome parents. Disney is cool enough but to add the surprise factor? Good job! And have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun.
    Have a blast!!
    And I can only imagine her reaction when she gets there. It's going to be priceless!

    ReplyDelete