Seventh
22. Spontaneous trips to San Diego
23. Family who loves us enough to help make it happen!
24. Long, lazy dinners with friends from far away
25. Quiet early breakfasts catching up with my one of my best friends while Daddy and the girls slept.
26. A husband who thinks it is cool my closest, most loyal friend is a man
27. His girlfriend, who doesn't care either
28. And that he laughs when I make fun of him for being late to our wedding after he flew across the country to be there. Scratch that - missing the whole ceremony and then being late to the reception.
Eighth
29. My daughter loves school
30. And church classes
31. And makes up songs, like, "I love the Lord, I - L - O- V- E Him, love Him love Him love Him"
32. New, cotton, 300 thread count, ruby red sheets. On sale. And they let me use a coupon.
33. And I had a gift card.
34. Snuggly days with my baby in my arms, and my kittens curled up on my lap.
35. Hot, buttery popcorn
36. A head cold, which reminds me how healthy we all really are
Ninth
37. That I have thought of 36 moments in my life, both large and small, to be grateful for so far.
38. The laughter of my husband and oldest daughter echoing from the the other room
39. The smiles and coos of my 6 week old, as she starts to try to communicate
40. I watched a friend try to learn to be a fire dancer in order to meet girls (who were fire dancers). He caught on fire 3 times. But walked away laughing.
41. So then I did not have to feel bad about laughing, too.
42. Watching Alex build friendships with the children of people I care about, knowing I am probably looking at the start of life-long relationships.
43. Watching Alex establish friendships outside of my sphere and knowing that she is capable of that independence
44. Maternity leave
45. And a job to go back to
No comments:
Post a Comment