November 26, 2010

The baby sings

No, really.  She sings. 

We have some new games:

I give her a loud kiss on one cheek and she turns so I can do it on the other.  Over and over.  Last night she was going so fast, I could barely keep up!

Then the Girl and I sang Patty-Cake with her.  Then, half way through the second round of Itsy-Bitsy Spider, she pursed her lips, and started cooing along with us.  This lasted long enough that there is no doubt that she was trying to sing with us. 

She tells me when she is hungry.  She does the tongue thing to let me know she is getting hungry, but then when I settle her back to nurse, I ask her if she is hungry.  She makes the same sound in reply every time, with a little gutteral part like she is trying to say the "g" sound.  The other night, it sounded so much like hungry that both the Daddy and I shot looks at each other.  "Did you hear that?" "Did she just say hungry??"  We know she can't and did not, yet, but we also know she is trying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment