November 5, 2010

to school or not to school

Well... after putting it off for too long, last fall I looked into starting back to school to finish my MaEd.  Only to have financial aid take too long.  

So, tried again spring term.  Enrolled late - no problem, assured my advisor. There is just a small fee.  OK.
Right.  The profs in my online classes assured me I had already failed their course.  HAHA  So I withdrew.  Again, a small fee.  OK. 

We had a baby due in September.  I did not enroll for fall term.

I called today to inquire about spring term. 

My credits all expire (the 1/2 of my degree I have already paid for and earned As in all the classes)... well they expire May 2011.  "Don't worry, you can finish in a year and a half," assures the admin assistant in the Grad college I spoke to.  Literally, I LOL.  "That is the end of next semester.  I cannot take 21 credits a semester." 

My husband reminds me I took 21 credits a quarter to finish my BS in 3 years.  Again, literally, I LOL.  "I lived at home with my mother, had no job, no children, no husband, and got paid to go to school."  Pretty sure I will max out a 9 hours a semester - but 6 is more likely.

But that is neither here nor there, since 21 is impossible.

"You can petition for a 1-year extension." 
"What happens if I don't finish 7 classes in a year?"
"You petition for another year."
"Will they grant it?"
"Maybe."

MAYBE????  Ok, so what do I do?????

No comments:

Post a Comment