March 10, 2010

behavior?

Someone shared with us recently that his 5 year-old daughter got into a fist fight at school.  He was appalled and frustrated and more than a little embarassed due to his own profession and reputation. 

When the Daddy shared the story with me, I had a moment of "thank heavens, not my kid".  If you know us, you know that Our Girl has had her own issues with behavior.  She has been doing much better lately, but life has not been easy at our house.  I am preggo - tired all the time, Daddy is still struggling with the loss of his brother, and we have accepted some financial burdens that make our budget tighter than we would like.  I know she is not getting the attention she deserves, and if she is not getting enough positive attention, she goes right for the negative. Our extended family has not had time to spend with her lately either, and she is feeing more than a little deprived. She is getting into trouble at school again - sassy, disobedient. 

Just as Daddy told our friend, I know we cannot make her choices for her, and no matter how much guidance you give, kids will sometimes make bad choices.  But seriously.  We all need to step it up a notch and do better at home to give her what she needs in the way of positive attention so she can stop with the megative-attention grabbing behavior. 

And in the slightly random side:
  • I am in the midst of a jelly bean binge.
  • My brother asked me to be godmother to his son.  He asked me this past Monday; the baptism is Sunday...  3000 miles away.  Not going to make it. But I am so honored.
  • I hate cashews.
  • I won a gift card to the movies and CANNOT wait to go.  I love the movies, but I almost never go.
  • Either I looked especially fat yesterday or my baby bump has appeared - I had several comments.
  • The Daddy noticed the bump on Saturday morning. So I am going with not fat.
  • My wedding anniversary is Sunday.  My husband will be out of town.  Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Uncle Andy will be out of town, but Happy Anniversary anyway! I can't believe it's been a year already.

    ReplyDelete