He FINALLY asked me out on a date. It actually did not take long after the guy dinner, but in girl time, it was too long. But we were kinda quiet about it, because of the whole circle of friends thing and what if it got weird?
The first part of this story would not have happened if he had been on time.
While I was stewing over him being late, a guy called. A guy who wanted to continue dating and refused to understand I was not interested. I took the call. After all, I was dressed, made up, tapping my foot, and there was a chance it was TONIGHT'S DATE calling to apologize for running late. It wasn't and the conversation turned emotional (on his end) just as I (finally!)hear a knock on the door. Feeling sorry for bachelor #2, I let bachelor number 1 in and asked for just a minute to finish my call. I handed him the remote and I slipped into the other room. It was a long minute, and he finally yelled that he was going to go since I was busy. Seriously? You were late. Have patience. I am worth it!
Yeah, off to a great start. Points to both of us for a lame beginning.
So we went to dinner, I can't remember where - chinese, maybe? - then he asked me if I felt like sitting in the hot tub and hanging out. Yah right. In my bathing suit? With this amazing body. You must be kidding me. He said something like, I asked you out right? So I must like how you look. Besides, if this works out, I'll see you in your suit EVENTUALLY so let's just relax shall we?
Actually, he is kind of a bad-boy (ooooohhhhh shivers!), so it was not as sweet as that... I am sure he said I was hot... but whatever it was - and I do actually remember, verbatim, and it still makes me blush a little - it worked. Some conversations are for quoting and some are for cherishing. This is a cherishing one. :) I agreed and put on my suit.
Except the hot-tub was locked. And my key did not work. After all that. Hmmmpf. So, back to my apartment, hanging out, getting to know each other, smooching on the couch a bit... It was a lame start, but it sure picked up from there... and he asked me out again, so it must have been OK with him after all.
This is fun reading how you two got started. I have never heard the story before...
ReplyDelete