March 1, 2010

The first friend phone call AKA glimpse into the future

The Girl got her first phone call from a school friend yesterday.  She had called earlier to leave a message: 

Hi, (friend), it is (the Girl).  My mom's phone number is (***).  I forget what we are wearing for twins day.  If you remember, call me back.  My mom's phone number is (***).  If you don't remember, call me so we can make a new arrangement.  My mom's phone number is (***).  Ok.  Just call me anytime.  This is (the Girl).  My mom's phone number is (***).  My dad's phone number is (***).  Ok.  Bye.

20 minutes or so, and the friend calls back.  HAHAHA Clearly not a frequent phone user, because me answering REALLY flustered her and she had to put her Grandma on.  She and the Girl talked about 20 minutes, standing in their closets, planning the wardrobe.  The Girl hung up and called her back. Another long conversation. 

Let's talk about our families.
Let's talk about our pets.
Let's talk about our back-yards.

I finally (good grief, already?) had to tell my Girl to get off the phone, it had been a long enough conversation. 

Mom, I forget to tell her something, can I call her back?
No, honey, let her have family time.

Ring Ring.  This is (friend).  Is (the Girl) there?  I forgot to tell her something.

Good heavens.  They are 5 going on 13.

PS.  the other girl forgot to dress up the next day.  LMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment