March 22, 2010

the Hubs

I just love him.

No, life is not perfect.  But I just love him. 

I love his ridiculous collection of pots and planters that sit empty until I put something in them.

I love snuggling with him for a mid-afternoon nap.

I love how much he appreciates any meal I concoct.  And I am full of concoctions.

I love his dreams- realized, partially-realized, not yet realized.

I love the part of him that obsesses over his family.

I love the part of him that obsesses over our family.

I love that he encourages me to pursue my dreams.  And that he does not judge me if I put one off.

I love that he does not equate my lack of interest in housekeeping with a lack of love.

I love the grin he gets when we talk about our growing family.

I love overhearing him talk about "my wife" or "my girls".

I love how he humors my need to grow things - people, plants and otherwise.

I love how seriously he takes my career.

I love how he does things - like watch college sports - just to having something else to bond with my dad & stepmom about.

I love how he collects things, then spontaneously agrees to part with these random objects that build up.

I love that his enormous tie collection is not exactly sorted by color. 

I love that he grinned and set it up when the Girl requested "wine" (apple juice) and a candle for her bubble bath.  (That is my girl!).

I love that he is the last one to request to hold someone else's baby, but that he is so clearly satisfied by it when his turn comes.

I love that he texts me all day long with love messages and gives me ETAs until he will see me again.

 I love that he loves his mother, probably more than anyone else in the world does.  And he makes sure she knows.

I love that he kisses me good bye, every time, and hello, every time.

I love that his favorite spot to sit is next to me on the couch, head on my lap.

2 comments:

  1. I love taking time to think of the small things everyday. I'm so glad that you two are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what Courtney said. It's good to know that you two are so happy.

    ReplyDelete