March 3, 2010

the month of our marriage 3

I asked the Daddy if I was remembering the right order of our first few dates and he says I am wrong.  He is probably right, he has a much better memory for these things. However...

According to him, we went together to an event for the first time (does that make it a date?)  to a swimming party with some friends.  At which, according to him, I wore a red swimsuit.  (I have never owned a red swimsuit in my adult life).  I do remember some details he brought up, but I think he has this out of order and crossed with some other outing with a previous girl.  Since if he had already seen me in a suit, I would not have been anxious about the hot tub outing. 

We do agree that one of our earliest dates was a late-night outing to the park near his condo (the condo which would eventually be our first home together - the home to which we brought the Girl from the hospital).    We were out with friends that afternoon, and weren't ready to say good-night when we got near home.  So we pulled into the park and and went for a walk by the lake.  We found a cozy hillside and sat and just got to know each other better.  At some point, his head ended up on my lap. We both fell asleep a little, I think.   I also think that is when I started to fall in love a little.  That this man had this gentle, nature-loving, walk-in-the-park at midnight soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment