My boss asked me to attend a conference with her this summer, 3 1/2 days, out of town. I am honored to be asked - it is kind of a big deal.
However, that means figuring out what to do with the Girl for about 12 hours a day while I am out of town. The Daddy leaves for work around 6 and often does not get home until 6. That is 36 hours of child care to figure out. That is a lot.
This is also the first time I will ever be away from my girl for that long. Ever.
The first time I leave the Daddy in charge overnight.
Not that I have any worries about him being able to handle it. He will be fine.
3 days of worrying, 3 days of adult-only company. What a novelty.
It's amazing how much harder it is to accept offers like that when you have child care details to worry about. Either way, congratulations on the honor of being asked.
ReplyDelete