The Daddy and I are forgoing the Thanksgiving over-indulgence this year. We had plans, but plans change, cancel, and get too complicated. We were left making choices we did not want to make about who to share the day with, and so we decided that cozying in with the Girl, watching football and movies, eating homecooked pizza will be an ideal family celebration of our own blessings this year. Maybe I will cook a turkey breast if we get tired of pizza and popcorn, and maybe an apple pie, but for us, the day is not about the meal. It is about the Family. For this year, we are going to tune out the outside world and simply enjoy one another.
********
We are making plans for the Christmas over-indulgence, though. I think we are going to travel alongside Santa on Christmas eve, and the Girl can wake up at Grandma's house. And the Mommy can get her hands on those three babies. Two nephews and a niece since I saw my family last and I cannot wait to shower some love on them, and their other brothers and sister. I cannot wait to smell that baby smell and kiss those baby toes. My brother invited us to stay at his house, and when I mentioned it to my mother, she said, "Whatever, you and (the Daddy) stay wherever you want, as long as (the Girl) stays here!" SOLD! Ok, not really, but that was a tempting offer!
No comments:
Post a Comment