November 26, 2009

Perfect day

I was up early - since I have gotten older, I am not so able to sleep in as I used to be. 2 hours and several Thanksgiving phone calls later, I woke up the Daddy and the Girl with fresh cinnamon rolls and the Macy's Parade. We putzed around, dreaming and planning in our backyard, and I started a fire in the fireplace while we ate pizza for lunch and watched a movie. Then I napped. (I meant it when I said I was up early!). Made some pie at the Girl's request. She can do without the Turkey, but not without the Pie. Side note: frozen pumpkin pie actually needs to remain frozen or it will glop all over as you take it out of the fridge - and onto the floor as it comes out of the box. Meanwhile, the Daddy and the girl went to the RedBox, and came home in time to watch me burn the flesh off of my hand (not really, but it hurts). Now, as I sip a glass of wine -purely medicinal, mind you - the Daddy and the Girl lit a fire in the fire pit he built while I napped and are roasting hot dogs. I need to join them now, so Happy Thanksgiving. May your day be perfect too.

1 comment: