November 18, 2009

Time to be grateful

I have been a real downer lately, so let's get back to the whole point - being grateful for the blessings in my life:

Today I am grateful for:
- My pastor. Seriously.
- Wednesday night church for the girl and the 1.5 hours they tell the non-sing-ish mommies and daddies to go find something to do.
- Starbucks in the grocery store and just enough left on my gift card to NOT have to pay (and 23 cents left over!)
- A husband who can leap through (open) windows on a dare.
- A husband willing to take a dare from me, just to put a smile on my face, on what was like the the WORST DAY.
- Friends who check on me, even when I am grouchy about it. (I mean it.)
- A father-in-law who did something nice for me, just because he knew it really mattered to me.
- RedBox. Seriously genius invention. Wish it was mine.
- The crate of little-girl clothes to be packed away, in hopes of another - and because it means this one is growing healthy and strong.
- The ability to let go of those people who are ready to move on, with gratitude for their new-found comfort and peace. To my aunt, I wish you a peaceful last few days and after that, a peaceful slumber and know that you will be happy and strong as you continue to "Matriarch" our family from a better place, reunited with the your own Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment