We lost my aunt today. She has been in hospice care this last week, so this is not unexpected. This makes 2 of my fathers' siblings in less than a year. I think that mortality is hitting a little to close to home for all of us.
It is with both sadness and with relief for her that we commit her to God's everlasting care. Connie was no longer living the life she had envisioned for herself, and no longer knew. She was in tremendous, unmanageable pain and was in mid-stage dementia. Tonight she lies the the hands of God, reunited with the great love of her life and 2 of her 3 sons, who preceded her.
I remember Connie, the fabulous. Connie, the ever-laughing, ever-joking, fun loving aunt. Connie, running out of the house in her night dress, with all the blankets, to cover her precious citrus on the night of rare frost. Connie, the first person I ever remember hearing cuss, then nod at me that I was "grown up enough" to hear it. I love you Aunt Connie. Kiss Uncle Ray for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment