November 26, 2009

Entry rated PG13. Nieces beware!

The Girl asks, "How does a baby get born?"

I think and then answer, "The Doctors take it out of the mommy's tummy."

"How?"

I am so not ready for this. The Daddy and I have never discussed what to say in answer to this. But, since he usually leaves these things to me, I answer, "They just know how to at the hospital." Please don't ask me to get more specific right now. For a split second, I think she has accepted this and is ready for a new topic. Nope, no such luck. It just gets worse.

"But how does the baby get into a Mommy's tummy?"

Even less ready for this question.
"God puts it there when he is ready."

"Did God really say the Mommies and Daddies have to kiss and cuddle and wrestle for Him to put a baby in the Mommy's tummy?"

I about wreck the car. This kid is awesome. Can't wait to hear what the Kindergarten teacher has to if Alex shares this at school.
"HAHAHAHAHAHA. No, sweetie, not really."

"But Daddy said..."

"I know, but Daddy was teasing you and Mommy..."
The Daddy really did say each of those things, in different conversations over the course of the last few weeks, but thinking she was out of earshot - or not listening - for the last one at least.

The way the Girl has put all of this together is priceless. She knows the Daddy and the Mommy hope God will give us a baby, because we finally stopped saying, "Not anytime soon," and started saying, "Whenever God is ready," in answer to her repeated requests for a brother and a sister, and another brother and another sister. She has been praying to Jesus to give her brother or sister for months now, at least since she knew 3 of her aunts had babies in their tummies.


The Girl Rocks. I pray God gives us another while she is still wanting a sibling.

************

No comments:

Post a Comment