November 20, 2009

Self improvement

There are a myriad of ways I would like to improve myself, so it is time to set a goal and monitor myself a little. Choosing one aspect of my life to make a conscientious change about is hard when there are several areas I would like to focus on.

1. physical appearance
2. oversensitivity
3. pushing others away
4. staying in better contact with people I care about
5. trust
6. patience
7. overreacting

The first has been a lifelong battle, ever since I blossomed early and later was told, at age 14 and 124 pounds, that I was a little chunky. I wonder why I have issues? (I have seen the pictures. I looked awesome.) Nor can I afford plastic surgery to lift that which could use a lift, remove that which is extra, nor grow that which will not grow. So. Depressing. Let's not dwell.

Ok. overreacting and oversensitivity are related. To trust. And patience. Oh yeah, and not pushing others away. And staying in contact.

8. Focus. Let's add focus.

So, items 2-7 are intertwined. Probably in my warped psyche, someone more analytical and, well, not inside my actual brain, could find one root cause that I should focus on, but who cares why I am like that, just that I don't like being like that. SO.

Goal for this week: Do not immediately react negatively to anything. At least not out loud. Or typed. No visible negative reactions for at least an hour.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment