Today my hubs starts his new venture in life - that of a career soldier, apparently. He was offered -repeatedly, until he caved in and accepted - a full time position with the Guard.
As he rolled out of bed before me for the first of many mornings to come, and prepped his pack for both his first day at work, followed by his night school class, I am so proud of my husband. Not only did he make me weak in the knees as he kissed me goodbye in his uniform, but he has stepped up to the plate - both in the present by accepting this job that brings much needed income, but also allows him to be home both nights and weekends(!) and in the future, as he continues his classes toward the much coveted degree in Psychology -- the next step in his goal to become a professional counselor.
This is the man I married and I am so proud of him.
Wow, please tell him congratulations for me!!! That is so exciting!
ReplyDelete